So I'm finally officially starting on my Nuzlocke comic. Game-wise, parts one and three are done (I still need to beat Fire Red Omega) and I've got enough of the story finalized to start on the early parts of the comic.
This took so long because I'm more comfortable drawing on paper and then digitizing rather than drawing it directly with my tablet. This means I have a much smaller space to work with, leading to paneling issues (hence one of my recent scrap titles on Fur Affinity) and awkward sketches. I'm calling progress official because, while testing a simpler art style than I normally do, the first panel turned out great and I didn't want to discard it.
As such, I can reveal a bit about how I'm doing this.
The story will be split into five general parts- prologue, the three games, and epilogue.
- The Prologue will serve to tie the canon of the Nuzlocke into the canon of one of my roleplays, Raised to Win. My OCs from that roleplay WILL appear in some way or another, as will several of other players' characters. This may be in mentions, flashbacks, the prologue, or even directly in the story of the comic.
- Arc One is my playthrough of White 2. This has already been completed and I like how the playthrough went overall. There's plenty of room for character development and tragic deaths. The story will be drastically changed because of the canon of the Nuzlocke and roleplay (they both take place after the events of generations five and six) but the core elements are present.
- Arc Two is my playthrough of Fire Red Omega, a FireRed hack by Drayano that basically just adds in all the Pokemon in generation three and makes the game much harder. It's not done yet- as of this journal I'm just starting the Sevii Islands sidequest- but it'll be completed as soon as I have the motivation to do so. (I really don't like playing through Kanto.) The story will be changed slightly, but not to the level of Arc One.
- Arc Three is my playthrough of Omega Ruby. This has been completed game-wise, but I'm still ironing out all the details of the story. It will be changed, of course, but I don't know to what extent yet. And yes, it will include Delta Episode.
- The Epilogue will serve to wrap things up, but I haven't even begun to plan that yet.
So, please wait warmly for the ride to start~ I'll be alternately drawing the comic and finishing up Fire Red Omega, but honestly I want to get reliable access to a scanner before I decide to digitize it.